We are proud to introduce the latest release of NX, which brings significant new and enhanced functionality in all areas of the product to help you work more productively in a collaborative managed environment.
This release builds on the continuous release process that is designed to make it easier for you to stay current with the latest releases of NX, giving you faster access to the latest functionality, and performance and quality improvements, to ensure that you gain the most from your investments.
To optimize product development, we have invested in all aspects of modeling, including:
- Traditional and Convergent Modeling™ software
- Core functionality, such as visualization and user interaction
- Mesh modeling capabilities that give you new ways to work with facet-based geometry, reuse geometry from scanners and simulation, and map 3D textures to your models based on 2D images
- PCB integration and wire harness creation to support more advanced electromechanical design workflows
New and enhanced CAM capabilities in NX allow you to use advanced manufacturing methods, cutting tools, and technologies, boosting your productivity.
Automated NC programming, enhanced machining process visualization, and G-code-driven robotic simulation enable efficient programming while ensuring error-free production. High-speed machining, combined with a new generation of barrel-shaped tools, enables significantly shorter machining times. Machining Line Planner’s improvements let you effectively program individual or combined parts while using the in-process workpiece (IPW) to generate complete shop documentation, including associative drawings.
We have strengthened the core of Simcenter 3D to help you drive innovation while reducing the effort, cost, and time needed to predict product performance.
To support faster CAE processes, multidiscipline integration, openness and scalability, and ties to the digital thread, the following enhancements are added:
- New solutions for both high- and low-frequency electromagnetics
- The ability to instantly compute and update flexible pipe configurations after a design change
- Support for the immersed boundary method to accelerate CFD model build time
- Increased openness and solver support for ANSYS and Abaqus, to allow leveraging of structural vibrations and modes for acoustics and durability
- Extended scalability for Simcenter 3D Specialist Durability to support parallel computing, so you can solve large analysis problems in hours instead of days
- Streamlined interface between Simcenter 3D and Simcenter Testlab that facilitates tighter collaboration between simulation analysts and test engineers
We are confident that the new capabilities in this release will allow you to work more productively than ever before, and to achieve your product requirements while staying at the forefront of industry trends.
For more information about this release, see the What's New Guide included with the NX help.